Publication Year: 2018
Media Type: Report
This study contains data about online fundraising, advocacy, and marketing.
This study contains data about online fundraising, advocacy, and marketing. Here are a few few highlights:
- The study includes data from 154 nonprofit participants across nine sectors, covering key metrics for email, website traffic, social media, digital advertising, and more.
- Overall online revenue increased by 23% in 2017; email-driven revenue kept pace, with 24% growth.
- Monthly revenue growth was particularly impressive: a 40% increase over 2016.
- The average retention rate for online donors was 38%.
- Digital ad spending increased by 24%, and this year, for the first time, we were able to report benchmark metrics for return-on-ad-spend, including display, social media, and search ads.
- Desktop users accounted for half of all nonprofit website traffic—and over two-thirds of all donations. But mobile usage is growing fast as a proportion of overall traffic.
- Each post a nonprofit made on Facebook only reached 7% of its fans in 2017 (and we have a LOT more to say about social media engagement).
Arts & Intersections: